- I’m sorry that as a Christian, I don’t love as much as I show my other emotions and judgments. Not only to my family but to others, including people I don’t even know. Driving down the road, at parks, everywhere. The world can be so cold and unforgiving, but we have no reason to be.
- I’m sorry that as a Christian, I don’t listen as much as I talk, to others but also to you Lord. I miss out a lot on what people are saying or just don’t hear what they really mean until sometimes it’s too late. I can so completely determine what I want to hear or think they should say and close my ears to hearing what is actually said.
- I’m sorry that as a Christian I don’t take more time to talk with others, especially newcomers at church; don’t remember people’s names both new and regular; don’t connect more personally and individually with others – getting to know them more; and that I use oh so many excuses to rationalize this (and so much more) when I really have no excuse.
The instructions for the “Christians Confess” meme:
- Apologize for three things that Christians have often got wrong. Your apologies should be directed towards those who don’t view themselves as part of the Christian community. Alternatively, apologize for things you personally have done wrong towards those outside of the church.
- Post a comment at the originating post so others can keep track of the apologies.
- Tag five people to participate in the meme.
- If desired, send an email with the link to your blog post at the Christians Confess site, giving permission for your apologies to be added to the website.
It’s interesting that we are supposed to tag 5 people, but only list 3 things 🙂 I don’t actually know that many bloggers though… but I will try my pastors: Steve’s stuff and Supernaturally Pure and a new friend: Serving Him with Shaky Hands! That’s only but I guess it can’t hurt to tag some blogs I read: INSPIRE, and Baptist Blogger.