It’s been a real while since posting, and I almost decided to stop. But… I think I may continue but focus a bit more, but then again, we’ll see how that goes.
I more or less just wanted to put out a list of area organizations dedicated to the homelessness:
- Homeward – planning & coordinating organization for homeless services
- Freedom House – community shelter, transitional housing and “intake”
- Daily Planet -job training and health care center
- Embrace Richmond – working to prevent homelessness by mobilizing people of faith through various programs such as UnityWorks
- The Healing Place – homeless shelter and long-term recovery program
- Home Again – nightly shelter and support services
- CARITAS – area churches providing winter emergency shelter
- Flagler Services – support specifically for homeless women and their families
- Daughters of Zelophehad – transitional housing for women and their children
- Hilliard House – assisting homeless women and their children
- Safe Harbor – shelter and counseling for those experiencing domestic violence
- CARITAS Community Sharehouse – transitional housing support (including furniture, employment and encouragement)
- Virginia Supportive Housing – permanent housing and support services
- Gateway Homes – transitional, residential treatment program for adults with mental illness
- OAR – offender aid and restoration
- CCHASM new! – Chesterfield & Colonial Heights Alliance for Social Ministry
- Chesterfield County Social Services new!
- Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness new!